Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thank you Lord for technology!?

I love technology and the Internet. I really like the way I can communicate with my friends and family & promptly, easily and comfortably. I can write to my godmother living in London, talk to my friends from Finland and Australia, I can be watching videos or looking at photos of my friends and talk to them about their last holidays in Peru at the same time. I can also communicate with my professors and send them all materials and essays they want. I can watch movies and also reviews on them, I can listen to music or even write to my favorite band or singer. Internet let me even check my bank account and make various kinds of transactions. And now I can administrate it without going to the bank branch! Do you also hate hours of waiting in your bank branch till you get on turn? Actually I don't but I know there are some people who hate it and their time is too precious. So for those there is a good solution & Remote Deposit Capture. You just can sit at home, drinking tea or eating, and all you have to do is to scan the check you need to pay. Then you just send these scanned sides of the check to your bank and all other needed transactions will be done by the employees of your bank. You don't have to hurry from work to manage it before bank closes, you don't have to be in stress you will have to pay some penalties because you paid your check out too late. New service is there to make paying easier. CheckFree Corp. is provider of online banking service which enables to scan checks through user's computer and deposit them electronically, so the owner of the bank account doesn't even have to move. Although this service has been used for several years it was used mainly for business manners but common user has no possibility for using it too. This time this technology will be for everyone. Rod Springhetti, CheckFree's vice president of global strategic marketing said this service was requested by customers and that's why their bank offers that. He added this service should be available at the beginning of this week and every user will be able to use it of course only in that case their bank provides this service. Some analysts are not so optimistic; Bob Meara says that it is not so sure that banks will follow CheckFree's step because there is no reliability that consumers will pay adequate attention to this kind of service. Celent, the research firm claimed there is about 20 percent of banks which use this technology also for consumers or plan to use it and another 20 percent are still considering it. Well technology is great, but don't we to come it a bit strong?

Edited by: Maria Vidlickova

These news are brought to you by CantellTV, it's technology partner SigEx Telecom and it’s founder Christopher M. Cantell. CantellTV is the fastest growing provider of digital broadcasting coupled with enhanced communications, allowing people to easily control, view, upload and share digital content through proprietary interface. CantellTV has relationships with a growing network of international clients delivering millions of videos per day with more than 50,000 new videos uploaded and 200 hours of new TV shows broadcasted daily to a wide range of viewers, from 5 to 7 year olds of LiveCartoons; to 16 to 24 year old active social users of MyJumps; to fortune 50 corporate clients utilizing enhanced broadcasting services. CantellTV is committed to delivering infinite choices to your world of entertainment at the tip of your fingers.